Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday and Holy Saturday

A final song for the week, Once Again, by Matt Redman

Lyrics:

Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice

You became nothing, poured out to death

Many times I've wondered at Your gift of life

And I'm in that place once again

I'm in that place once again


And once again I look upon the cross where You died

I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside

Once again I thank You

Once again I pour out my life


Now You are exalted to the highest place

King of the heavens, where one day I'll bow

But for now, I marvel at Your saving grace

And I'm full of praise once again

I'm full of praise once again

Thank You for the cross

Thank You for the cross

Thank You for the cross, my Friend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Started our Good Friday services today with this one (took a 3 hour Vigil for the first time today too!). Have a blessed Easter Peter. I hope there are a few of those truely special moments of reconnection with the events of Easter for you.

Ben

Peter Carrell said...

Good choice, Ben!

Yes, Easter is off to a good liturgical, meteorological and theological start.